Emergency First Aid at Work
It is estimated that over 600,000 suffer a non-fatal accident at work every year. The competent and timely administration of first aid can make a huge difference for both the injured employee and the business.
Emergency First Aid course gives learners the opportunity to
undertake online first- aid training and still go on to achieve the level 3 award in emergency first aid
The course can replace 3 hours of the 1-day emergency first aid at work (RQF) course or emergency first aid at work at SCQF level 6 course that are run through recognized Highfield Qualifications centers. This also covers other practical areas of the course, such as CPR, so is great for reinforcing competency and refresher training.
- The content of the course will cover the following topics:
- Definition of first aid and roles of a first aid provider
- Workplace and legal responsibilities of a first aider
- Recognizing, reporting, and responding to an emergency
- Assessing the casualty and the scene of the accident
- Assessing and managing unresponsive casualties
- Carrying out cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Dealing with airway obstruction and other breathing problems
- Handling of sudden injuries, bleeding control and shock
- Dealing with minor injuries and other common illnesses
- Importance of first aid in every workplace situation
What I will learn?
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Recognizing and assisting a choke casualty
- Managing a casualty – external bleeding and shock
- Managing a casualty – minor injury